The avail advanced is that riding buddy who’s up for any adventure on the road—from solo backroad explorations to after-work shop rides to all-day epic rides with friends. designed for performance and capable on any surface, this road warrior is ready to take you as far as you can go, which is always farther than you think.
The Avail Advanced delivers lightweight efficiency, thanks to an all-new Advanced-grade composite frame and an Advanced-grade composite fork, which boosts your climbing abilities and makes you virtually uncatchable over long distances.
- Ride longer without riding harder, with the reengineered frame and fork, optimized for the smoothest, most efficient riding experience. The innovative Liv Contact D-Fuse handlebar and D-Fuse seatpost absorb more road vibrations than round-shaped tubing, without sacrificing efficiency on corners and climbs.
- The Liv Contact D-Fuse handlebar features an ergonomic shape and 8-degree flare drop, for total control on those sunrise-to-sunset rides. Wide, alloy rims are designed for high-volume tubeless tires (up to 38mm), providing predictable handling and stability from asphalt to pavé.
ADVANCED COMPOSITE TECHNOLOGY
- Liv’s High-Performance Grade raw carbon material is used to produce this frameset in our own composite factory. Using state-of-the-art materials and manufacturing techniques, Liv’s Advanced-Grade Composite frames are designed to offer lightweight and stiffness with optimal compliance.
COMPACT ROAD DESIGN
- When introduced by Giant in 1990s, Compact Road revolutionized the look and feel of high-performance road bikes forever. A downward sloping toptube (from the headtube to the seattube) creates smaller front and rear triangles for a lighter, stiffer bike. It also makes it easier for riders of all sizes to have a perfect fit.
- The proprietary "D" shaped composite seatpost damps vibration, resulting in a smooth, compliant ride.
- Designed to provide precise front-end steering performance, this fork steerer tube technology uses oversized headset bearings (1 1/4" lower and 1 1/8" upper for road, 1 1/2" lower and 1 1/8" upper for mountain) and tapered steerer tube work in conjunction to provide optimal steering stiffness.
- Engineered with proprietary Dynamic Balanced Lacing technology, this tubeless-ready composite WheelSystem delivers superior efficiency, pinpoint control and comfort.
|A - Seat Tube Length (mm)||385||405||435||465||495|
|B - Seat Tube Angle (°)||75.0°||74.5°||74.5°||74.0°||74.0°|
|C - Top Tube Length (mm)||500||520||525||535||555|
|D - Head Tube Length (mm)||110||125||145||165||185|
|E - Head Tube Angle (°)||69.8°||71.0°||71.0°||71.0°||72.0°|
|F - Fork Rake (mm)||50||50||50||50||50|
|G - Trail (mm)||76||68||68||68||61|
|H - Wheelbase (mm)||989||995||1002||1007||1013|
|I - Chain Stay Length (mm)||420||420||420||420||420|
|J - Bottom Bracket Drop (mm)||75||75||73||73||73|
|K - Stack (mm)||510||528||547||566||589|
|L - Reach (mm)||363||373||373||373||381|
|M - Stand Over Height (mm)||683||712||737||762||789|
|N - Handlebar Width (mm)||380||380||400||400||420|
|O - Stem Length (mm)||70||70||80||90||90|
|P - Crank Length (mm)||165||165||170||170||172.5|
|Q - Wheel Size||700C||700C||700C||700C||700C|
|CM||145 - 156||153 - 162||158 - 169||165 - 174||171 - 182|
|Frame||Advanced-grade composite, 12x142mm thru-axle, disc|
|Fork||Advanced-grade composite, full-composite OverDrive steerer, stainless steel bearings 12x100mm, disc|
|Rims||Giant P-R2 Disc wheelset, alloy|
|Hubs||Giant alloy, 12mm thru-axle|
|Tires||Giant Gavia Fondo 1, tubeless, 700x32c (33.5mm), folding|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano, press fit|
|Crankset||Shimano FC-RS520, 34/50 XXS: 165mm, XS: 165mm, S: 170mm, M: 170mm, L: 172.5mm|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano 105|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano 105|
|Cassette/Freewheel||Shimano 105, 12-speed, 11x36|
|Brakes||Shimano 105 hydraulic|
|Rotors||Giant MPH rotors [F]160mm, [R]160mm|
|Brake Levers||Shimano 105|
|Handlebars||Liv Contact SL D-Fuse, 31.8mm, 8-degree flare drop XXS: 410/380mm, XS: 410/380mm, S: 430/400mm, M: 430/400mm, L: 450/420mm|
|Tape/Grips||Liv All Condition|
|Stem||Giant Contact AeroLight XXS: 70mm, XS: 70mm, S: 80mm, M: 90mm, L: 90mm|
|Seatpost||Giant Contact D-Fuse, composite, 14mm offset XXS: 350mm, XS: 350mm, S: 350mm, M: 350mm, L: 350mm|
* Subject to change without notice.